CapMetro is Central Texas’ regional public transportation provider, based in Austin, Texas – the fastest growing metropolitan city in the country! Since 1985, we’ve been connecting people, jobs and communities by providing high-quality and sustainable transportation choices. We are seeking a Vice President of Bus Operations to help move our mission forward for Austin and surrounding communities! If you have administrative/operations experience associated with operating and maintaining bus systems, we want to hear from you!
The Vice President of Bus Operations reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO). This position is responsible for all aspects of Fixed Route bus and rideshare services provided by the Authority. The primary focus of this position is to ensure the daily delivery of all fixed-route bus and rideshare services and the management of the workforce contracts.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation, or related field. Related experience may substitute for education on a year-per-year basis for up to four years.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience, including six (6) years directing a professional staff, and administrative/operations experience encompassing all functional aspects associated with the operation and maintenance of a bus system.
- Experience managing a mid to large-size transit system or experience in a similar environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of transit management and operations principles, including knowledge of safety, FRS, maintenance, paratransit scheduling, dispatch, field operations, labor relations, staff development, and collective bargaining.
- Excellent labor relations and negotiation skills in a union environment are essential.
- Strong supervisory skills, including the ability to plan and delegate work effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team management skills to fully leverage the talents of diverse people working together, and conflict management to deal with complex or sensitive situations and ensure the positive image of Capital Metro.
- Strong business knowledge or advanced understanding of the transit industry, and support of business objectives by developing integrated operational strategies and tactics.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to find solutions to complex interpersonal, technical, financial, legal, and administrative problems.
- High level of analytical and creative ability to solve complex challenges.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
For more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/486?c=capmetro