This position is designated as a “mobile” position. For details, see the “What You Should Know” section below.
CapMetro is the public transportation provider for over 1.3 million people in the Austin region. Our mission is to connect people and communities to jobs and opportunities, and our vision is to transform the daily lives of Texans. We provide a variety of transit services, including MetroBus, MetroRail, UT Shuttles, Pickup and MetroAccess, to meet the ever-growing needs of the Austin community. To serve the Austin of today and tomorrow, we’re working on Project Connect, the largest investment our region has ever made. This transformative program will bring light rail service that changes the way Austinites move around the city, new MetroRapid routes that better serve East Austin and great regional service for the entire area. Join us in our mission to build a better Austin! CapMetro connects people, jobs and communities by providing quality transportation choices to Central Texas.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As CapMetro enters its next phase of rapid growth, we are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and results-focused human resources leader who will evolve our People and Culture team ensuring the agency is an organization that lives its values, delivers on its strategy, and attracts and retains a highly talented team. The Vice President of People and Culture (VPP&C) is a critical role responsible for the employee experience and organizational culture. Reporting to the EVP, Administration/Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, the position serves as a strategic consultant to leaders at all levels and is a trusted coach to employees. The VPP&C will be responsible for the full employee lifecycle at CapMetro, from recruiting and onboarding through benefits administration, learning & development, support of diversity and inclusion initiatives, performance management, wellness, and company policies. In addition, this role is responsible for strategic human resource planning to provide CapMetro with the best people talent available and to position the CapMetro as an Employer of Choice.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Public Administration, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the required degree.
- Ten (10) years of experience in human resources as a high performer, including HR leadership and people management.
- Prefer a Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Public Administration, or related field as well as one or more SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SHRM-CP, CCP, CBP, or CEBS certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong management, coaching, training, and team development skills
- A relentless internal-customer focus
- Strong understanding of people best practices, industry standards and curiosity for emerging people-oriented trends
- Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in designing and implementing diversity-enhancing programs and practices.
- Experience implementing HR policies and procedures using technology that improve operations, including HRIS, and performance management systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing HR plans for high growth, including driving talent acquisition and organizational development, evaluating and revamping compensation plans/salary structures, and overseeing the administration of compensation/benefits and employee relations.
- Enthusiastic and energetic thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
- Creative problem solver who can navigate current challenges while strategically planning for periods of hypergrowth and work in a very fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers. Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply for Capital Metro vacancies. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs at the time.
This position is designated as a “mobile” position. Employees in mobile positions are expected to work in the office as needed. Employees in mobile positions must be in the office for socialization, strategic collaboration, and supervision, as needed. Employees will have access to touchdown/collaboration spaces when on-site. CapMetro is in the early stages of mobility planning and the mobility status of this position could be subject to change.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
For more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/634?c=capmetro